Posted on 26th March 2020 at 15:55
'Following urgent requests for lobbying of government, veterinary surgeries have now been explicitly listed as a exception to the closures.' Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons.
However we have been advised by both the RCVS and the government that we must only provide emergency care and fulfil urgent prescriptions.
Therefore if your per requires urgent veterinary care, please contact the surgery on 0208 307 0826.
If your pet requires a repeat prescription, please call the surgery to order but note that we request 48hours notice to process.
As a practice we are doing our best to minimise the spread of Covid-19 to keep our staff, clients and patients safe. In order to do this, we please ask the following:
* Pay via Credit or Debit card only. No Cash Payments.
* Please wait in your car and call reception to inform us of your arrival and we will come out to collect your animal from the car.
* All consults will be carried out via telephone so please do not enter the practice.
* If you are collecting medications, please call ahead and we can prepare this in advance.
* Please continue to follow all Government and NHS guidelines.
Please be compliant with the above, and your patience is appreciated while we navigate the unfolding crisis.
The Fernside Team
For further advice please visit the following websites:
Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons
British Veterinary Association
World Organisation for Animal Health
Share this post: